In group D (2004-2005) and E (2006 and later) it pays off to play white. In a near sensational second round 9 out of the 10 games were won by white.
Only the finnish Anton Sinitsyn managed the feat to win as black in the E-group! In the three other groups the results were much more evenly distributed. The longest game so far is the game between Dagur Ragnarsson and Viktor Nielsen, where it took Nielsen 114 moves to win the game.
This leaves 10 players on 2 points, with 4 rounds to go. In the Team Competition, Finland has joined Norway in the lead, with Iceland trailing only 0,5 points behind.
1. Finland & Norway, 12 points
3. Iceland, 11,5 points
4. Sweden, 9,5 points
5. Faroe Islands, 8 points
6. Denmark, 7 points
See photos and the two games from round 2 at the bottom of the article:
Petersen – Sinitsyn
Ragnarson – Nielsen
Round 3 starts Saturday February 18th at 09:00
- Parings can be found here
- Results are found here
- See all the photos from the tournament here
- ALL games will be streamed here (10 minutes delay) and:
- Play through the games with Computer Analysis at the Chessbomb.com archive.